If that's you, don't worry, I used to struggle a lot with that and it has taken me time to improve... What hides behind that is fear...
Let me give you an example: I'd always say yes to going out because
1) I was afraid to disappoint my "friends" (and when you think about it, a true friend worthy of the name is supposed to understand)
2) I thought I needed a "valid" reason to say "no", but the truth is that feeling like staying home alone IS a valid reason
3) I was also afraid to be judged or that my friends would talk behind my back... but hey, people can always judge or find a way to talk behind your back anyway so let go of the need to control
ꕥ The truth is that you simply need to dare say no if you don't feel like doing something, taking time for yourself is important.
Accept that you are important and that your needs matter too.
ꕥ Are you ready to change that pattern? Then ask yourself,
- "what am I afraid of?"
- "why do I feel I need to justify myself?"
- "what am I judging myself about?"
- "am I acknowledging my needs?"
I am inviting you to journal about it and if you do so, make sure to share your realizations below and let me know if I can be of any help :)